Saturday, September 11, 2010

Holy Cats

That's a saying my best friend coined, and for some reason, whenever anything remarkable happens, that's what pops into my head now.  And something remarkable did happen today.  Somehow, I was able to carve out a couple of hours and sew.  I find that even though the kids go to bed relatively early, by the time they are down, I am just too wiped out to go downstairs and do any of the incredible things I imagined that day.  My mind is just too worn out to think as hard as it would need too.  And my body just wants to sit and do nothing after all the up, down and all around that raising three young ones demands.  So, if I can't get it done during the day, it usually doesn't happen. 

But, today it did!  And I was able to get these lovely darlings sewn up. 

Sweet little baby shoes for Emeline.  The red was from one of her dad's old sweaters.  The floral was a little perk I got in an Etsy purchase I made a while ago, bonus fabric used as packaging.  I love it.  And I love the look of the shoes.  Sadly, when I got them on the model I noticed they're too big in some places.  She has long skinny feet.  So, maybe tonight I'll get back down there to tweak them.  If I'm not too tired, that is...

No comments: