Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Muse

Apparently, nearly eight months ago I gave birth to more than just a daughter, I gave birth to my own personal muse.  I have sewn more in the past few months than I have in the last few years put together.  And if I could somehow find more time, I would be sewing even more.  I am loving this new found burst of creativity. I am also loving this beautiful little girl, who inspires it all.

And since she is the one who inspires so much of it, it's only fair if a good few of the things I make are for her.  Thanks to my wonderful hubby who gave me hours and hours this weekend to sew, I was able to make her not one but two items.  Well, three if you count each boot individually. I tried out a new pattern, and I like it much better.  Much more customizable, and simpler to sew.
Sweetly feminine...





I love, love, love how they turned out.  They're not Joyfolie shoes by any stretch, but I'm proud of them.  They're so much closer to the ones I had originally envisioned.  With delicate, etched buttons, and I love the graphic ruffle. Three layers, wool, fleece and thick interfacing.  Sturdy and cozy. And there is elastic inside to help keep them on little feet.

And then, she needed something to dress up her head, don'tcha think?  So of course a sweet little flower headband.  Because, if she's anything like her mom, and she seems to be, she may not have much hair for some time. I was bald until I was four.  It's okay, I've come to terms with it. This is one of my favorite ways to make a flower.  There are lots of ways out there on the web, and I have tried many of them.  But, this one that I found in a book, is still my favorite.  Next on the list, pettiskirts and a sweet little pair of shoes for an as yet to be born beauty.  Trust me on this, there's no way she won't be a stunner...


Talk about gilding the lily. 


1 comment:

~Beth D. said...

The boots are fabulous! great job!!!