Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Variations on a Theme

I have been a very busy woman lately. I just can't seem to stop myself. In fact, I can't keep up with all of the designs and ideas that fly through my head. I have a few pairs of shoes cut out that I haven't even sewn yet because something else caught my fancy. (Mandy, I promise I AM working on the skirt.)

My husband's work is a big supporter of March of Dimes. His department is putting together a Made in Michigan basket that will be up for bidding and yesterday (uh-huh, yesterday) I was asked to put a pair of shoes into the basket. Luckily, while I was making the last pinstripe set I cut and sewed an extra pair since they were my size and I still don't have a pair of my own. All they needed was a little decoration, but since I had used all of the shoe's fabric for the other flower, what to do, what to do?

Each new one is my favorite.

I wanted soft and feminine again to balance the buttoned up feel of the pinstripe. And boy did that turn out. This was my first time trying one of these kinds of flowers. It won't be the last, that's for sure.


I wasn't sure while they were coming together, but now I love them. And I keep thinking, "They could have been mine!" But, I will do the unselfish thing and let them go do some good in the world. So those of you who work with my husband, bid well!





125button

No comments: