Monday, March 7, 2011

What Do You Think of Pink?

I got these lovelies done before pestilence visited our house, thankfully.  So while one babe sleeps in my arms, and another fights sleep next to me, and the biggest, sickest one sleeps upstairs, I thought I would share.

My awesome sister-in-law who is one of the reasons all of this shoe business started in the first place (read about that here) had a girls-night-in whilst my brother was off globe trotting. One of her friends admired her shoes and Tracie, who is nothing if not incredibly generous, placed an order with me for her friend's birthday. Her friend's favorite color? Hot pink.

Searching through my stash, I had one hot pink option.  It was a cast off silk skirt.  But there were a couple of things that worried me.  It was bias cut, it was very thin and it was printed.  I figured interfacing would solve my first two dilemmas by stabilizing it and giving it body.  I thought the print might work and would be an interesting change of pace. And the skirt did have a matching solid hot pink tank that would be perfect for the flower.



So what do you think? Do you think she'll like them?


3 comments:

Tracie said...

LOVE them! :) She's gonna digg em'!

connie johnson said...

I just discovered your blog. I never leave comments but these shoes are FAB-U-LOUS!! They are just tooo cute. Good job girl. I look forward to seeing what news things you come up with.

Lizscraps said...

I am SOOOO excited to get mine when it's my turn... these are super super cute.