Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Little Something to Top It Off

So it was inevitable, really, that while making all of these pretty embellishments for my shoes and wrists and neck that they would find their way all the way to the top of my head. Come on admit it, you saw it coming didn't you? So in the last couple of days I squeezed in here and there, the time to make these three little items for hair adornment.

A la Billie Holiday

This one I love for its simplicity. It feels Southern. It feels feminine. It can be worn as a corsage!

A dual duty accessory, gotta love that.

Then there's this one:

Please ignore the orange vest on the couch.
It feels very vintage. And of course I love the color scheme. How can you go wrong with black and white? It's grosgrain ribbon attached to vintage velvet ribbon with just a little elastic at the back for comfort.
And then I made these little lovelies and sent them to the sisters as a little extra. I hope they like them. When Em gets more hair, she'll get a pair of them.


The ribbons in the center have a subtle and romantic pink and cream stripe. Lovely.

So there you have it, a little something for the top. What do you think?



Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: