Thursday, May 26, 2011

Another Pretty Little Something

So, I've told you before about my husband's talented and incredible cousin, Lauren. You remember her from this post. I have really been enjoying getting to know her better long distance via Facebook and I look forward to the next time we get to see each other face to face and really actually talk to each other.

In the meantime, she asked me recently to design her a bracelet that was "her". Something dramatic, dark and interesting. (Those are my words, not hers. They just happen to fit her.) She showed me several items online that were almost what she wanted, but just not completely it.

While I was working one night, I came across a leather scrap and started playing with it a bit. I liked the shape of it. And then it hit me. Lauren's design. It was perfect and I couldn't wait to get it done and show her.

Photobucket


Pretty right? But wait! Lauren isn't one dimensional. No. She has many sides. She can be sweet and romantic like this, sure.

Photobucket


But, she also has a modern edge to her. So let's lose the flower shall we? Go for something clean lined and asymmetrical shall we?

Photobucket


Nice! I love this bracelet. It's so versatile. I've said it before, I love accessories that do double duty. In this case it does even more than that.

Photobucket


See there? The flower has a pin backing so she can pin it on a dress, or put it on a necklace. And it just threads on to the bracelet, so there's no puncturing the leather.

Photobucket


It's on its way to her and I can't wait for her to have it. After all it was made especially for her.

Photobucket




Fantabulous Friday!

1 comment:

Ellsworth Designs said...

I LOVE IT and I love you! I can't wait to fashion this on my wrist. SOOOOO FUN!!!