Thursday, June 30, 2011

What (Tries) to Hinder You?

I warn you, I am about to get very real here. Not gross real, just real real.

As my business begins to really grow, I have a little something that tries to hinder me. It tries to steal my comfort, my energy, my drive, my peace, my joy. It makes me want to curl up in a little ball and bawl.

I can't let it, obviously. I have three little ones who need me to be a good mommy. I have a husband who needs me to be his partner in all things. I have a house that needs...well, some serious help. I have customers who need cute shoes. And I have an innate need in myself to create with my hands.

Nevertheless, it is relentless in its pursuit of me. Its name is pain. I have struggled for years with FMS. Periodically, pain will steal over my whole body and remain for the day. It's not as severe as it is for some people I know, and for that I am thankful. And I did have some years of reprieve for which I am incredibly grateful. It all but went away after my first child, did not return after my second. But after my third, it decided the time had come.

So here I am. Fighting to bring life to my dreams. Working to prove to my children that it is never too late to do what you love. Trying to be all that I must to the people I who are my life. And I will not let the reason stealing comfort thief known as pain be anything more than an inconvenience.

How about you? Is there anything in your life that would try to keep you from realizing your dreams?

1 comment:

anna said...

Yes, I relate to this same kind of problem in a different way - huge waves of free-floating anxiety that knock me sideways from time to time. But as I get older I find ways to work around and through and even with the problem, so that it doesn't pull me too far away from the things I love doing, or for too long. I think this was a very brave post of yours. (I also think your shoes are exquisitely beautiful!)