Monday, September 26, 2011

Could the Slump Be Over?

Sheesh. We had a round of viral obnoxiousness around here recently. The hubby started it, and as always rebounded quite quickly. The oldest had it for a day. And the two little ones had a rough few days, but then were fine. I on the other hand am still working on getting rid of it, and it's going on two weeks. It just knocked me on my feet and zapped all of my energy. So I feel like I am behind on my orders, and there is so much I am desperate to do. (Hats, capes, mittens, boots!) When it used to take me three nights to get a pair of shoes done, it now seems like I get one a week done. It's very frustrating. And hopefully, as I am on the mend, the slump is over.


Photobucket



Last night, I finished a lovely pair of shoes. One of the things that is making my shoe making take a little longer is that I am drafting a new set of patterns. I have to alter my master pattern with every new size I get. So, that adds a little time right now.


Photobucket



I love the fabric that Cayce chose for these Marian's. It's a black and tan herringbone tweed, and there is a tiny bit of gold thread woven throughout it. And I love that she chose an indigo ribbon to go with it. So glad I had a silk one in my stash...


Photobucket



I wish you all health and wellness!

3 comments:

TG Bears said...

Lovely shoes! That ribbon does set it off so nicely.

Duni said...

Such sweet shoes! As a fellow sewer I fully understand how much work goes into them. The contrast ribbon is a beautiful touch!

Nikki Monet said...

These are so adorable! All of your shoes are so sweet. Headed over to your Etsy store right now. Would love for you to stop by and share these at my linky party! http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/bedazzle-me-monday-2_02.html