Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Country Living Fair

For the third year in a row, I got to go to the Country Living Fair in Ohio. Country Living is my favorite magazine. I love pretty much everything about it, and the Fair is awesome. Filled with antiques, and handmade gorgeousness. I'm a kid in a candy store there.

Unfortunately, this year, I had a cold/flu. I was there, but I was miserable. I couldn't concentrate. Usually, I look for items I can use to make something with. But, I couldn't visualize well through the fog in my head.

Still I managed to pick up a few things. I spent half of my money at my favorite booth. Seriously, I always spend the majority of my money there.

Photobucket



I bought these adorable vintage and in perfect condition shoes mainly for my daughter. They're the right length, but unfortunately they're too tight and won't go on her very skinny feet somehow. Ah, well. They were a mere $9 and I am sure I can come up with a use for them. Wink, wink...


Photobucket



I also picked up this lovely pattern. I adore both dresses and dream of the day when I have time enough to actually make myself something like this...


Photobucket



The third thing I bought in this booth, was the middle fabric in the above pic. It's a vintage feedsack. Love it. The gray fabric on the right is also vintage feedsack. And the script material I love for its graphic nature.

The one other item that I purchased while there was a little reminder I plan to put in the living room in some way...


Photobucket



And speaking of making time, that's the other beautiful thing I came away from the fair with. My parents and my brother and sister in law and my hubby and kids all together in a couple of hotel rooms. Quality family time. My daughter kept going up to my dad and saying "Papa". He'd pick her up and she would cuddle into him, putting her head on his shoulder the way I used to do. It was perfect and beautiful.


Photobucket

No comments: