Thursday, October 20, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness

So many of us need no reminder. I know my grandmother has had breast cancer twice. We try to keep an eagle eye on it in my family. A couple of years ago, my doctor sent me to get a mammogram to examine something out of the ordinary. Two days later I found out I was pregnant. That was quite a week.

So hug those you know who've been touched by this disease. Heck, hug those you love a little tighter, just because. You never really know. As I typed this, I learned of another acquaintance, a newlywed red haired stunner who captured my then five year old's heart one Fourth of July, was recently diagnosed with cancer. Pay attention to your body. Get checked. Take care of yourself! There are those who love and depend on you.


Pink silk shoe clips for a soon to be breast cancer survivor with prayers and well wishes. 

1 comment:

Duni said...

Traditionally women are the caregivers totally forgetting to take care of themselves!
I had a cancerous growth removed in 2010. Since then I have decided to take better care of myself. It's a struggle since I'm also pretty ambitious where my business is concerned. But in the end health is all that matters...
Thanks for posting. Adorable shoe clips :)