Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Daughter with No Shoes

You know that saying about the cobbler's children having no shoes? Yeah, I can see how that can be true. I find it hard to buy shoes for my darling daughter, since my business is sort of making kid's shoes. But, man, it's hard to make it happen when you have orders for customers you know are waiting for their shoes.


Photobucket



Still, I knew fall was coming, so I started (a long time ago) making her a pair that would be more appropriate for the cooler weather. Yesterday, she managed to destroy her pair of Cozettes that she was wearing, by taking out the insole and chewing it to pieces. Two things: 1) yuck and 2) I had failed to glue her insoles in even though I know better. I never do that with customer's shoes.

Luckily, I was one night of sewing away from finishing her fall shoes. So I got right to it last night.


Photobucket



My husband says that they fit her personality perfectly...


Photobucket



I love my husband, he's kind of awesome.


Photobucket



And I love these shoes. Though, my daughter has some crazily skinny feet, so most shoe patterns are wider on her than I would like. I alter them so that they're skinnier. Some times it works better than others. This pair is one of the others. Oh well.



Photobucket



They'll do till she gets a pair of boots made by mom. Stay tuned. Baby boot orders are next on the agenda. I am so excited...

10 comments:

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

OH MY GOSH, they are adorable!!!! You make such cute shoes!!! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower!
Hope you are having a good day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Roslyn said...

They are just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I love your little shoes!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I love the bows!!! Do you make them in grown up size?

Susan Woods said...

Condo blues, I do in fact make them in adult sizes. :-) And thank you everyone!

Chelsea @ Love From Huntington Beach said...

Stopped over from Shabby Nest. You're products are wonderfully beautiful. Blessings!

Stephanie said...

Those are the sweetest shoes I've ever seen :)

WelltoDo said...

ADORABLE!!!

Jennifer said...

Aw! So sweet!! Love them!! I'm having a hard time keeping shoes on my almost 2 year old son!!
Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

Nikki Monet said...

I featured your adorable shoes on Everything Under the Moon! Feel free to grab a feature button :)
http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-dazzled_16.html