Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just a Little Thing or Two for Zooey Deschanel...

I'm a pretty darn excited about this. Now, I am not a celebrity person in general. I don't even recognize the names or faces of many of today's top celebs. But, I am a fan of Zooey Deschanel, star of Fox's hit show New Girl.

Photobucket


I love her vintage vibe, cause I am a total old soul and feel like I belonged in the 40's or 50's. I think she's a great actress and I love her singing voice/music because again, it's so very retro. So when Valerie from the Artisan Group asked which celebrity we would want to gift to, if we could gift directly to a specific celeb, my only answer was Zooey.

Wasn't I shocked when just a few hours later, a chance to participate in a gift bag going directly to Zooey was actually offered?! I jumped at the chance and landed one of the coveted spots. I wasn't sure at first what to gift since, shoes weren't really a practical option. Brainstorming with Valerie, though, we came up with hair accessories. She's been known to wear a few. So without further ado:


Photobucket


I went modern vintage. Totally appropriate I hope.

Photobucket


I couldn't resist taking pics on my husband's vintage record player.

Photobucket


I love the headband and will be making one for myself and listing it in my shop.

Photobucket


And to go with it, I made a little leather cuff, with scalloped edges and a demure bow.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I'm so nervous. What do you think? Do you thin they suit her? Think she'll like them?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her style too! I think you nailed it. How exciting!!7

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

How exciting and these go perfectly with her style.

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

OMG!! That is so cool that you get to give a gift to Zooey. I would be so worried that she wouldn't like it. But I LOVE your little accessories you made. Oh. I bet she'll love them. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet home. I'm your newest follower. Cute blog
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Wait...you get to pick a celebrity to make a gift for??? How in the world did you get that gig? So cool! I love Zooey too :) LOVE the headband and bracelet...very vintage and classy.

Susan Woods said...

Kara, I am a member of a fabulous group called The Artisan Group. They provide an way for handmade artists like myself to get our products into celebrity hands through gift lounges at the Oscars and other such events. They just recently started sending swag bags directly to celebs. Zooey was my pick, and she just happened to be one of the first that we did these bags for. I hope she likes them! You can check out the website here:http://theartisangroup.org/

Marie said...

I love her style and I'm loving New Girl! The accessories are super cute! Thanks for linking up with us and hope you join us again this Wednesday! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com