Monday, August 20, 2012

A Fix for Too Big Shoes

My daughter is obsessed with shoes, and I admit, I am weak when she wants a pair. Recently, I bought her this pair of Gap ballet flats from Once Upon a Child. They were brand new, but a little large for her. I bought them thinking she'd wear them in the fall.


  Photobucket 


 However, this week one of her jelly shoes went missing and the weather got a little cooler, so that I wanted her toes covered in the evenings. So her sandals from last year were out. That left this pair, which she loves and happily wore. But, still they were too big and without straps, were frequently dropped here and there off of her tiny foot. What's a mom to do?


  Photobucket 


 This is the solution I came up with, and I think it was rather clever. Have you seen those colorful elastic straps that you wear over your pumps to change the look? My sister in law has a set. I wondered whether that might work for these, to keep them on her feet and allow her to move freely in them instead of shuffle about.


  Photobucket 


 I bought some thick navy elastic, measured it around the shoe leaving a little extra room for her foot, sewed them together and then sewed blue silk ribbon over the seam to finish it. They work like a charm and seem comfortable enough for her. What do you think?


  Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, these are absolutely adorable! I can't choose what I like best that you've made so far! Those navy straps are very cool, nice addition lady. :-)